Posted: Wednesday, September 6, 2017 2:41 PM
Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America's workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Construct, maintain, repair, inspect and dismantle track including right of way maintenance as required.
- Repair track defects, install rail ties, load and unload material e.g. ballast and ties from vehicles or work trains, clear brush and debris from the right:of:way, manually handle material at work sites such as ties, switch timbers, switch materials, tie plates and rail anchors.
- Individually carry and use tools such as spike mauls, claw bars, lining bars, track jacks, air and gasoline tamping guns, air spiking guns (jackhammers) and other tools normally associated with track work and other right of way maintenance.
- Use ventilation trucks to clear fumes from tunnels in accordance with FRA/Amtrak safety respiratory program.
- Walk and inspect enclosed areas such as tunnels, station tracks above ground level or occasionally on open deck bridges.
- Work within the guidelines of the System Safety Program by being alert to physical hazards which affect operations that would conflict with a safe operating environment for Amtrak or others.
- Operates company vehicles on as:needed basis in the performance of duties.
- Performs watchman duties when assigned. May work as extra member of a gang as required by work assignments.
- Some experience as a general laborer and construction.
- Valid drivers license.
- Available to work in the geographic area indicated.
- Must be able and willing to understand and apply safety rules, practice safe work habits, identify safety risks, and avoid potentially risky behaviors and situations.
- Able to work outdoors in all weather conditions (hot, cold, rain, snow, and sleet).
- Available to work a 40:hour work week subject to overtime, on:call and alternate shifts that may include weeknights, weekends and holidays.
- Able to work on uneven surfaces; frequently climb on/off equipment.
- Must be able to lift 75 lbs.
- Upon hire, ability to pass required training with written exams, including 2 weeks of safety training.
- Able to work in conditions that include loud noise and fumes, work on and around heavy and moving machinery, bend, walk, stand and sit for extended periods of time and use hand tools.
- Follow safety policies and procedures and wear the required personal protective equipment required for the job in a safe manner.
- Experience as a general laborer and construction experience.
Commercial Driver's License (CDL)
COMMUNICATION AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Candidates who apply to this posting may be contacted now or at a later date when a position becomes available.
Up to 25
Employment Experience Requirements:
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance.
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job : we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family, and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
We proudly support
• Location: South Jersey
• Post ID: 44507582 southjersey