Posted: Sunday, February 4, 2018 5:56 PM
Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America's workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
The Senior Engineer is responsible for identifying, developing and implementing various and multiple business process improvements for the Engineering Department system:wide by examining benchmarking results, reviewing work practices, policies, procedures, data, budgets, agreements, work standards, and other relevant documentation to ensure efficiency and economies of scale to support the divisions and disciplines in creating a uniform and consistent structure.
- Develop and implement process improvement programs to enhance productivity and process performance to increase workforce productivity, reduce unit costs, and enhance asset utilization.
- Review existing business practices to identify opportunities to improve resource utilization, maximize inventory efficiency, and improve the quality of process outcomes.
- Coordinate with the Enterprise Asset Management team to understand and document Engineering business processes and work practices in order to 1) identify areas where business process changes are required to eliminate customizations in Engineering's Maximo implementation and utilize standard functionality (and implement those changes); and 2) ensure that EAM solutions deliver required functionality to meet the intent of the business requirements.
- Lead efforts to ensure that major financial investments and business process changes are supported with sound financial analysis through the development of solid business cases.
- Support the implementation of Engineering's Asset Management Strategy by 1) establishing force account requirements to perform prescribed preventive maintenance plans; 2) build production standards of maintenance and operations work; and 3) coordinate the development of standard bills of material and equipment needs in support of preventive maintenance plans.
- Lead efforts to enable data driven decision making by Engineering supervision and management by guiding the development and driving the adoption of (near) real:time reporting from Maximo and other related systems.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of internal processes and controls and recommend enhancements to data retrieval, documentation, and process flow.
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering, Business Administration, Organizational Management or a related field or the equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience.
- Demonstrated ability to collect, summarize and analyze financial and operational information.
- Proven experience with business process development and mapping and working knowledge of enterprise asset work management processes.
- Familiarity with and ability key concepts in all areas of project management including strategic planning, impact studies, budgetary analysis, logistical planning and organizational relationships.
- Proven skills in developing strategies and objectives to meet the needs of the corporation.
- Demonstrated ability to build rapport within all levels of the organization and to communicate effectively with Department heads.
- Ability to communicate complex concepts at all levels.
- Office and field work environment.
- Travel 25
- Travel to other Amtrak offices and right:of:way sites that are not accessible by train travel.
- Master's degree in Industrial Engineering, Business Administration, or a related field.
• Location: South Jersey
• Post ID: 53515107 southjersey