What you’ll be doing...
You’ll manage a diverse team of 20+ Field Technicians responsible for installing, repairing, and maintaining outside plant copper and fiber services for our customers. Safety, quality issues, workforce performance, feedback and training, and labor relations will all be on your radar. And you’ll be pushing your team and yourself to find ways to improve business results every day—because here, better matters.
- Lead, motivate, develop and coach your field Technicians.
- Develop action plans to mitigate service issues.
- Proactively collaborate with labor/union.
- Remove barriers and solve problems to help your team be productive.
What we’re looking for...
You’re organized, motivated, and detail oriented, and known for your sound judgment. Solving problems creatively and constantly looking for ways to improve processes are some of your strengths. You’re comfortable holding people accountable for their performance and their adherence to policy, and you’re able to inspire and engage diverse groups to do their best work.
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Availability to work extended hours when necessary, including weekends and after hours and on call as required for the needs of the business.
- Valid Driver’s License.
Even better if you have:
- A degree and four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of knowledge of installation and maintenance on copper or fiber technology.
- Supervisory experience in a field operations environment.
- Experience in administering processes and policies as they relate to: safety, attendance, performance work rules and code of conduct.
- Experience with communication systems and tools.
- Experience with MS Word, Excel & Outlook.
- Experience providing training, feedback and motivation to employees.
- Strong organizational, time-priority management and results-driven leadership skills.
- Knowledge of employment/labor laws.
- Union employee management experience.
- Military experience.
- Customer service experience.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret labor contracts/collective bargaining agreements.
- Outside Plant Construction, electronics and placing/splicing copper/fiber.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2442922-field-operations-construction-manager
• Post ID: 53337542 southjersey