Posted: Wednesday, September 6, 2017 12:45 AM
Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America's workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
This position is responsible for design of circuits for signal systems (switch machine control circuits, home networks, energy loops, relay racks) for interlockings, highway crossings, automatic signal locations, cut sections, and electric lock locations to ensure compliance with Federal and Amtrak's standards and policies using MicroStation.
- Must be capable of developing solutions to individual circuit problems
- Assist field personnel in handling problems encountered during signal cutovers and is responsible to make revisions to design plans to reflect as:in:service changes or modifications
- Prepares aspect charts to show the signal orientation
- Ensures C and S design files database is currently and properly maintained
- Strong working knowledge of railroad signal circuit plan symbols, nomenclature, and circuit logic
- Working knowledge of railroad circuit design as applied in signal systems
- Working knowledge of circuit and signal design practices of predecessor railroads
- Knowledge of C and S equipment (relay racks, batteries, etc.)
- Knowledge of how to calculate braking distances of trains
- Knowledge of mathematics and Boolean algebra as it applies to relay logic
- Knowledge of how to translate computer programming into circuit plans or relay logic
- Knowledge of Amtrak's interlocking layouts and physical characteristics
- Knowledge of FRA standards, rules, and regulations
- Knowledge of software system design concepts and processes
- Must be qualified on NORAC, AMT:2, and RWP
- Familiar with Computer Aided Drafting and Design Applications
- Must possess excellent verbal communication skills
- Must communicate with field personnel to ensure accuracy of signal system designs on file
- Assists field personnel in handling problems encountered during signal cutovers, and communicates with various departments to verify accuracy of existing signal system plans and/or incoming information related to the plans (e.g. location of pole lines, location of signal houses)
PREFERRED WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Extensive field knowledge of C and S construction and maintenance
- Experience using Bentley MicroStation Applications
COMMUNICATION AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
Up to 25
Employment Experience Requirements:
3 : 5 years of experience
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance.
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job : we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family, and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
We proudly support and encourage U.S. Veterans for Amtrak job opportunities.
All positions require pre:employment background verification, medical review and pre:employment drug screen.Amtrak is committed to a safe and drug:free workplace and performs pre:employment substance abuse testing.All new hires are required to undergo a hair drug test which detects the presence of illegal drugs for months prior to testing.We appreciate your coope
• Location: South Jersey
• Post ID: 44448557 southjersey