What you’ll be doing...
This position has an overall responsibility for ensuring technicians are deployed according to Dispatch Resource Center (DRC) recommended dispatch priorities to meet business and operational needs for residential, small and large business customers. The candidate will be responsible for supervising 10-15 direct reports and providing dispatchers with leadership, guidance, knowledge, tools, training and opportunity to perform their job functions. Performs quality observations on every employee to ensure quantity and quality objectives are met.
- Provide complete support to field operations in all matters pertaining to scheduling, manpower, deployment, communications, arrivals and commitments met and Verizon and departmental objectives.
- Management of installation and maintenance work requests and managing day to day operational issues ensuring the resolution to all issues are handled in a timely manner.
- Collaboration with Field Area Managers and Local Managers to optimize and maximize resources; managing multiple tasks simultaneously is a must.
- Lead morning and afternoon Dispatch calls, work with Capacity Management Team on clock intervals/arrivals for all customers and analyze missed metrics to improve overall performance for our customers.
- Able to focus on outlined Performance Metrics to Grow the Business.
- Recognizes/celebrates employee development. Conduct employee appraisals and communicate feedback effectively. Ability to solve problems of moderate scope, effectively analyzes results and leads, motivates, develops and coach associates.
- Knowledge of products/services, departments, company policies/procedures, interdepartmental workflows.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Willingness to work evening, weekend, and holiday schedules on rotating shifts.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Previous Field Operations or Central Office experience.
- Call center experience.
- Previous experience working in a union environment.
- Strong Customer Contact skills and experience.
- Proven decision making skills and the ability to succeed in a dynamic, highly visible, intensive environment.
- Outstanding interpersonal, planning and analytical skills.
- Strong demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong demonstrated organizational and administrative skills.
- Working knowledge of installation and maintenance provisioning and repair procedures for FIOS, Copper and Specials work.
- Working knowledge of MS Applications and Company Systems, i.e., STORC, iVAPP, COA/COAD, iGO, WBN, VZWorks, OASIS, vRepair, FiOS Capacity. Management Tools, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Good working knowledge of Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Labor relations and Grievance experience.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2464164-dispatch-operations-supervisor
• Post ID: 53725327 southjersey