Posted: Sunday, September 10, 2017 8:42 AM
Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America's workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
This position is responsible to program and direct the design of upgrades and state of good repair improvements for Amtrak's Facilities. This includes managing internal staff and external architecture/engineering firms and consultants. This involves collaboration and partnering with both internal and external stakeholders, including law, real estate, transportation, mechanical, engineering, local and state agencies, FRA, and freight and commuter railroads, to develop programs to support new business initiatives, energy conservation projects, and state of good repair projects on a priority basis. This position will direct program development, individual project scopes of work, budget, schedule, and standards associated with facility design. This position collaborates with internal departments to establish state of good repair program for facilities which consist of mechanical shops including associated fueling, sanding, compressed air, 480 ground power, as well as crew quarters, commissaries, offices and other miscellaneous structures.
- Direct the establishment of capital programs to support new initiatives, energy conservation and state of good repair
- Direct the design of individual projects including scope development, schedule and budget
- Direct the review engineering designs prepared for outside agencies, for projects to be constructed on Amtrak property, to insure compliance with Amtrak and industry standards
- Direct provision of technical support for maintenance personnel
- Licensed Professional Engineer (PE)
- Extensive experience in design and project management
- Demonstrated experience in design and project management for facilities
- Demonstrated experience working in a matrix organization
- Understanding of railroad operating environments
- Extensive understanding of ADA regulations and ICC Building Codes
- Must have organizational, collaborative, and relationship building skills with demonstrated experience
- Must be able to prepare and present technical reports and effectively communicate verbally and in writing to management and outside agencies
- Demonstrated knowledge in MS Word, Excel, Power Point, and MS Project
PREFERRED WORK EXPERIENCE:
Familiarity with railroad operations, procedures and construction methods
Master's Degree in Business (MBA) and/ or Civil Engineering
COMMUNICATION AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
Up to 25
Employment Experience Requirements:
10 plus years of experience
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance.
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job : we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family, and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
We proudly support and encourage U.S. Veterans for Amtrak job opportunities.
All positions require pre:employment background verification, medical review and pre:employment drug screen.Amtrak is committed to a safe and drug:free workplace
• Location: philadelphia, South Jersey
• Post ID: 44391782 southjersey