Posted: Wednesday, February 7, 2018 5:32 PM
Employment Status:AF : Active : Regular : Full Time
Job Summary 13;
To perform various medical laboratory tests as prescribed by physicians and to accurately interpret laboratory test results in the context of laboratory medicine.
Job Responsibilities 13;
1. Accurately performs routine to moderately complex diagnostic tests or procedures as assigned and reports results through appropriate channels. Completes, evaluates and records all appropriate quality controls and quality assurance markers. Activates troubleshooting procedures when necessary. Trains others to perform this responsibility when assigned.
2. Performs preventative/safety maintenance on equipment and maintains a safe, clean and efficient work environment. Takes initiative in problem solving equipment failures to the extent capable. Communicates unresolved issues to supervisor or designee. Complies with personal protective equipment (PPE) and other laboratory and hospital safety standards 100 of the time. Notifies supervisor of unsafe events. Responsibly controls and maintains inventory. Trains others to perform this responsibility when assigned.
3. Provides professional, courteous and calm customer service to both internal and external customers. Identifies appropriate resources and sources for re:directed inquiries.
4. Regularly reviews operational procedure manuals. Maintains individual annual technical competency assessments. Actively identifies and pursues learning needs. Actively participates in departmental and continuing education meetings. Successfully completes 12 units of approved continuing education activities during evaluation cycle.
Required Licenses, Certifications, Registrations 13;
Required Education and Experience 13;
Required Education: Bachelors of/in Medical Technology or other science related. New graduate, entry level, and per diem part:time status.
Preferred Education, Experience and Cert/Lic 13;
New graduate, entry level applicants are encouraged. Familiarity with clinical pathophysiology highly preferred. Experience with mid to high volume clinical laboratory analyzers preferred.
MLS(ASCP) or related specialty certification highly preferred.
Additional Technical Requirements 13;
Exhibits the ability to work with computer programs and computer controlled equipment including Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Childrens Hospital of Philadelphia is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for its patients, family members, visitors and employees. In an effort to achieve this goal, employment at Childrens Hospital of Philadelphia, other than for positions with regularly scheduled hours in New Jersey, is contingent upon an attestation that the job applicant does not use tobacco products or nicotine in any form and a negative nicotine screen (the latter occurs after a job offer).
Childrens Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor/Seeking priority referrals for protected veterans. our hiring official with any referrals or questions.
CHOP Careers Contact
2716 South Street, 6th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19146
• Location: South Jersey
• Post ID: 53760012 southjersey