Posted: Thursday, February 8, 2018 1:32 AM
Employment Status:AF : Active : Regular : Full Time
Job Summary 13;
The Childrens Hospital Of Philadelphia (CHOP) Research Institute is recruiting a new team to build a data and informatics program that will link clinical and biological data and provide world:class computational tools to solve the most challenging problems in child health.
As a member of the Scientific Computing Platform team at the Department of Biomedical and Health Informatics (DBHi), the DevOps Engineer builds, deploys, and supports innovative platforms for scalable complex systems. This position will leverage Cloud infrastructure and CI tools to help development teams produce pipelines and quality software applications. It will also interface with the Research Computing Organization, which manages petabytes of data storage, thousands of cores of high performance compute and a hybrid private/public cloud. The successful candidate will be passionate about data and automation, able to work independently and as an interdisciplinary team member, with good organizational skills and attention to detail. Strong critical thinking, troubleshooting and problem:solving skills are also required for this position. A basic background in life sciences is helpful but not required.
We are looking for people who share in our mission/eagerness to develop novel ways of advancing child health.
Job Responsibilities 13;
1. Provide technical expertise in designing and developing systems and best practices that are cost effective and meet user requirements complying with CHOPs security standards. Create cloud based and traditional infrastructure through automated scripts. Identify areas for process and efficiency improvement. Actively facilitate continuous improvement.
2. Serve as a liaison and point:of:contact with CHOP Research Information Systems (RIS) and Hospital Information Systems (HIS). Research, experiment and recommend new technologies. Initiate and manage proof of concepts (POCs) with outside vendors. Install, configure, and deploy containers/software/tools and upgrades.
3. Design, develop and maintain the automated framework for enabling agile software development and robust testing. Provide Development, Test and Production environment operational support, and assist with trouble shooting and designing solutions to prevent future issues. Develop solutions that will provide monitoring, logging and alerting capabilities. Use monitoring tools and metrics to analyze performance and characterize limitations and bottlenecks.
4. Deploy the latest in CI/CD technologies and containerized solutions. Maintain and improve our CI/CD infrastructure and pipeline to quickly and accurately deliver software applications. Help development software teams migrate to a continuous delivery methodology.
5. Subject matter expert (SME) in AWS/GCP infrastructure and best practice. Work closely with architecture and infrastructure teams to develop automated self service tooling to deploy custom cloud templates, both on premise and in public cloud. Participate in architecture review, reviewing technology designs and best practices.
Required Education and Experience 13;
1. BS/MS in computational discipline required. BS/MS in systems engineering is preferred.
2. 3:10 years of experience in a production data:intensive computing role.
3. Experience with cloud computing technologies (GCP/AWS), including tools such as Terraform and Ansible preferred
4. Experience implementing security controls around data and data products preferred
5. Experience in analyzing infrastructure implementations from a security perspective preferred
6. Experience with build management and continuous integration practices and tools (Jenkins) preferred
7. Knowledge of general application security APIs and protocols and IDM systems such as Active Directory (AD), LDAP, SAML, OAuth, SSO, etc preferred
• Location: South Jersey
• Post ID: 52784662 southjersey