Posted: Thursday, February 8, 2018 12:11 AM
Employment Status:AF : Active : Regular : Full Time
Job Summary 13;
The Childrens Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) Research Institute is recruiting a Data Integration Analyst III in the Department of Biomedical and Health Informatics in Translational Informatics working with a team of developers designing and implementing software for large scale tissue:based research. This recruit will also work closely with a new team to build a data and informatics program called Arcus that will link clinical and biological data and provide world:class computational tools to solve the most challenging problems in child health. Recognizing the central role of data to the future of pediatric research, CHOP leadership and the Board of Trustees committed to a funding plan, and Arcus was launched in July 2017. We seek mission:oriented professionals with interest and expertise in the areas of biomedical science, computer science, data integration, cloud computing, data privacy, and the software development life cycle.
Job Responsibilities 13;
The Data Integration Analyst III in the Department of Biomedical and Health Informatics (DBHi) develops and integrates and implements innovative data driven software and applications that solve challenging problems in the collection, management, analysis and interpretation of biomedical, genomic and clinical information. This role will work on a small team focused on supporting specific funded research projects focused on complex tissue collection and data integration while developing these projects to support the goals of Arcus and the research institute as a whole. We are looking for highly creative people who share our mission to advance child health and who will thrive in a continuous learning environment, acquiring and applying both new technical skills and biomedical domain knowledge. Specifically, the Analyst/Programmer III will:
1. Collaborate with biomedical researchers to identify and analyze scientific problems that require integration of disparate, highly dimensional data types such as clinical and genomic data.
2. Quickly acquire biomedical domain knowledge in order to understand requirements for data integration, optimizing data resources and applications to meet scientific needs.
3. Create requirements for complex data integration and application development projects, and translate requirements into deliverables.
4. Develop and implement innovative data models that represent complex biomedical data types in usable and accessible schema.
5. Write extract, transform, and load (ETL) procedures that combine and recombine biomedical data into new, more useful formats
6. Build and optimize scientific data management, data discovery, reporting, and analysis applications using a combination of off:the:shelf and custom tools.
7. Manage large, complex projects and take responsibility for major components of larger research initiatives; assign work to junior staff, identifying, tracking, and reporting on tasks and deliverables against project timelines.
Required Education and Experience 13;
Required Education: Bachelors in Computer Science, Information Science, Informatics, Biomedical Engineering, Biological Science or a related discipline.
Required Experience: Five to ten years of experience in database development, database administration, data management, or related discipline, with progressively more complex projects in a biomedical science or healthcare environment.
Preferred Education, Experience and Cert/Lic 13;
Preferred Education: Masters in Computer Science, Information Science, Informatics, Biomedical Engineering, Biological Science or a related discipline strongly preferred.
:Previous experience in data modeling, ETL, and applications of highly dimensional data types such as derived from genomics and observational clinical or human subjects research
• Location: South Jersey
• Post ID: 53127122 southjersey