Posted: Wednesday, September 6, 2017 3:42 AM
Employment Status:AF : Active : Regular : Full Time
Job Summary 13;
1. Plans, forecasts and implements new technologies of high complexity.
2. Demonstrates advanced knowledge of multiple advanced technologies and expertise in the management, administration, configuration, maintenance, and repair of hardware and operating production systems.
3. Capable of interfacing and consulting with users, management, and support and technical staff on projects, planning, issues, policy, reports, troubleshooting, and installations.
4. Exhibits excellent technical and time:management skills which demonstrate the ability to manage projects and deliverables by expected due dates.
5. Demonstrates advanced knowledge of and expertise in existing and cutting edge technologies.
6. Exhibits expert knowledge in the use of existing and future technologies.
7. Coaches and mentors Level I staff, Level II staff and peers with differing detailed knowledge.
8. Serves as expert for management task forces and committees.
9. Participates and provides feedback to improve CHOP corporate and IS processes including, but not limited to, work flow, project management, time accounts and employee reviews.
Job Responsibilities 13;
A Systems Engineer is a senior contributor with similar responsibilities as the Systems Engineer II, but with a greater degree of complexity. A Systems Engineer III may be involved in some leadership activities. A Systems Engineer III also:
1. Works extensively with the IT organization on projects, planning, issues, policy, reports, troubleshooting and installations.
2. Utilizes monitoring, performance analysis, systems management, software and hardware equipment to troubleshoot and isolate problems.
3. Provides technical support to manage and deliver projects by expected due dates.
4. Attends technical meetings with customers to gather information for reporting, project planning, and technical decision:making.
5. Communicates production problems to affected clinical users as appropriate, following problem management procedure.
Also, design and provide the technical lead for multiple Shared Storage environments and infrastructures including Hitachi, PureStorage and Brocade. Responsible for advanced engineering for the above technologies and will function as an SME. Will also be responsible for CommVault backup technologies both in administration and backend infrastructure support. Interact with multiple vendors on support agreements, issue escalation, and proactive design and architecture implementations.
Required Education and Experience 13;
Bachelors degree or substitute years of job experience.
Extensive (4+ years) experience providing HDS Server administration services along with 5:7 years Large enterprise experience, (5000+ users), global environment.
Preferred Education, Experience and Cert/Lic 13;
Preferred: HDS, PureStorage and Brocade Certifications
Additional Technical Requirements 13;
Extensive knowledge of HDS, PureStorage and Brocade SAN environment required.
At least five (5) years hands:on experience with large SAN installation.
Demonstrated expertise in Design, Planning, Implementation, Support and Administrative aspects of SAN Storage, Unix Operating Systems, CommVault, Hitachi Enterprise Storage Servers/Arrays and Storage Area Networks (SAN).
Provide expert support for systems storage devices such as, but not limited to, Hitachi USP series, Hitachi AMS series, and storage area networks such as Brocade and Cisco.
Experience with design and deployment of SAN technologies : Familiar with HP Blade System, UCS Servers, Fiber Channel/SAN.
In:depth knowledge of Hitachi monitoring and performance tuning utilities.
• Location: South Jersey
• Post ID: 43556368 southjersey