Posted: Wednesday, September 6, 2017 2:38 PM
Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America's workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
The Program Manager is responsible for the quality and delivery of the program related to establishing a reference surfacing program (absolute track geometry) on the Northeast Corridor and additional track related projects associated with Amtrak's new High Speed Trainsets currently in development. The role requires regular analytical and metrics:based reporting to other staff, board members, and stakeholders.
- Build strong relationships within Amtrak to understand the business challenges and opportunities
- Create a collaborative partnership among executive leaders and portfolio stakeholders and enables workforce development, change management, and planning decisions
- Plan the delivery of the overall program and its activities in accordance with the mission and the goals of Amtrak
- Develop and implement long:term goals and objectives to achieve the successful outcome of the program
- Develop an annual budget and operating plan to support the program
- Provide performance analytics on the program for stakeholders
- Monitor and approve all budgeted program expenditures
- Identify and evaluate the risks associated with program activities and take appropriate action to control the risks
- Support the creation of project management best practices, tools, and ways for Amtrak to drive efficiency in order to reduce costs and add value
- Adheres to Amtrak Engineering Project Management Office Project Management Manual
- Strong project and program management skills
- Strong focus on collaboration, team building, and customer service
- Effectiveness working diplomatically across teams with varying objectives
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, MS Project)
- PMP (or able to obtain within 12 months)
- Extensive of practitioner experience with project and program management
PREFERRED WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Track Design and Construction
- Railroad Work Equipment Engineering
COMMUNICATION AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
Up to 25
Employment Experience Requirements:
10 plus years of experience
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance.
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job : we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family, and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
We proudly support and encourage U.S. Veterans for Amtrak job opportunities.
All positions require pre:employment background verification, medical review and pre:employment drug screen.Amtrak is committed to a safe and drug:free workplace and performs pre:employment substance abuse testing.All new hires are required to undergo a hair drug test which detects the presence of illegal drugs for months prior to testing.We appreciate your cooperation in keeping Amtrak safe and drug:free.
In accordance with DOT regulations (49 CFR section 40.25), Amtrak is required to obtain prior drug and alcohol testing records for applica
• Location: South Jersey
• Post ID: 44507602 southjersey