Posted: Wednesday, September 6, 2017 1:20 PM
Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move Americas workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
The Lead, Financial Planning and Analysis position is responsible for overseeing and managing the day:to:day financial activities of the Human Resources (HR) department. This individual will provide financial leadership and subject matter expertise to Human Resources managers who share the responsibility for operating and capital budgets. This individual will be responsible for monitoring the Benefits Program budget and updating forecasts in conjunction with the Benefits Director. The incumbent will be responsible for ensuring that annual budgets and monthly forecasts for operating and capital expenditures are prepared according to company and industry best practices and will have oversight over routine and non:routine financial transactions originated by Human Resources. The incumbent will also be responsible for developing financial reports for all levels of Human Resources management and delivering ad hoc analysis upon request.
* Monitor the current fiscal year Benefit Budget, coordinate with key benefits vendors to investigate and resolve data questions, monitor ongoing benefit trend rates, develop forecasts for remainder of fiscal year and coordinate with Director of Benefits to finalize Benefit Budget updates as needed.
* Partner with Benefits team and key Amtrak benefits partners (healthcare vendors and benefit actuaries) to develop future year Benefit Budget forecasts.
* Partner with Director of Benefits in the review and development of Benefit Plan Year forecasts, equivalent premium rates, COBRA rates and employee contribution rates as well as the financial plan analysis and ROI evaluations.
* Review of IBNR calculations and claim lag triangle to support Benefit forecasts and budget analysis.
* Review and development of internal benefits pooling (e.g., stoploss) alternatives for consideration within budgeting processes.
* Ongoing monthly, quarterly reviews of vendor reporting to support Amtrak benefit controls.
* Partner with and provide advanced subject matter expertise to designated groups within the Human Resources department to develop annual and multi:year operating and project (operating and/or capital) budgets.
* Present preliminary draft budget submissions to Human Resources leadership along with any relevant supporting documentation and/or recommendations for revisions.
* Manage the reconciliation of budgets recorded within the BPC system and finalized budget submissions from managers in designated groups within the Human Resources department, ensuring that a fully reconciled crosswalk exists at all times between the system rollup and the detailed supporting financial materials that were agreed to by the managers and the incumbent.
* Develop and author in:depth business cases and the supporting financial models, ROI, IRR and other significant financial metrics for strategic investments in partnership with project owners in designated groups within the Human Resources department
* Prepare monthly operating and project reports detailing year:to:date expenditures, projected expenditures and variance to budget/forecast/actuals for review by Human Resources leadership.
* Provide advanced financial subject matter expertise to managers in designated groups within the Human Resources department to create monthly forecasts for operating and project expenditures.
* Perform the recording of monthly costs incurred by designated groups within the Human Resources department in the gener
• Location: South Jersey
• Post ID: 43565523 southjersey