What you’ll be doing...
You’ll manage a diverse workforce that deliver advanced communication services to business and residential customers, in a demanding, fast-paced, environment. You will oversee approximately 150+ employees spanning across a large geography responsible for performing different field operation functions such as construction, service delivery, installation and maintenance of both the Core and Fios network. Supervising, coaching and mentoring your team toward performance and customer excellence, while supporting and maintaining the outside plant infrastructure of the territory will all be on your radar.
- Managing a large technical scope, delivering operational compliance, monitoring expense and managing to financial objectives, leading and executing corporate initiatives, scaling team performance, responding to customer escalations, and managing the internal stakeholder /social system for optimal support toward the business ( Network Engineering, Customer Operations and Marketing).
- Establishing policies and procedures balanced against the customer needs and overall business priorities.
- Balancing workload with available workforce and deliver business objectives through innovation, flexibility, and creativity.
- Interpreting current labor agreements and negotiate through the grievance procedure.
- Responding to out-of-hours emergencies such as service outages involving digital and analog service, telephone plant damage, cable damage and restoration.
What we’re looking for...
You have the ability to understand customer priorities and translate them into business plans. As a technical expert in customer systems, you align capabilities to deliver complex solutions with continually high levels of customer service. You enjoy solving problems and driving every day to ensure client satisfaction. Truly a “people person,” your superior interpersonal skills mean you’re able to build strong relationships with a variety of people. And as a leader, you’re able to create engagement, motivation, and a sense of ownership in your team members. You’re comfortable leading a technical function—complex integrated solutions are your sweet spot. You understand our responsibility to our customers, and you’re excited to help us live up to it.
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in outside plant Construction, Installation & Maintenance.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Availability to work a flexible schedule to include evenings and weekends, on-call and respond to out-of-hours emergencies.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Five or more years of experience or equivalent in outside plant Construction, Installation & Maintenance.
- Good working knowledge of the end-to-end installation and repair process.
- Advanced knowledge of computer operating systems.
- Experience developing executive presentations and presenting to senior leaders.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a large team with multiple priorities.
- Proven track record of performance in productivity, quality and safety measurements in a field operations environment.
- Technical training in telecommunications or electronics.
- Experience managing a Capital and Expense budget.
- Proven outstanding customer contact skills.
- Previous experience leading management employees.
- Demonstrated ability to manage conflicting priorities across multiple functional areas within Operations.
- Experience leading large projects.
- Working knowledge of special hi-cap services.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2455752-field-operations-area-manager
• Post ID: 53337487 southjersey