Posted: Tuesday, September 5, 2017 6:57 PM
The Director of Strategic Pricing will drive the strategic thinking for the pricing of Dorman's products. This position will be responsible for managing the pricing process for the most complex and important pricing initiatives and developing strategic pricing recommendations to be presented to senior leadership. The successful candidate will have experience with a heavy number of SKUs, andwill play a key role in shaping Dorman's overall strategic pricing capabilities. This position will serve as an effective liaison with senior executive management, marketing, legal, finance, sales, and IT.
Management of the pricing process:
- Scope and specify the organizational information required for effective pricing
- Coordinate the collection and validation of relevant information from across the organization, including peers in senior leaders in the finance, product, marketing, and sales organization.
- Combine business logic, rigorous analysis, and strategic perspective to develop pricing recommendations.
- Synthesize analysis and present recommendations to senior management in an effective way to aid executives in making investment decisions
- Accumulate pricing knowledge over time to drive increasingly valuable business insights.
Development of Strategic Pricing Recommendations:
- Demonstrate mastery of internal financial and operational data sources across all functions, and interpret this data correctly to drive financial projections
- Exercise solid, logical business judgment in the development of assumptions to inform the costs, revenues, and other operational inputs for the pricing of new products or the application of existing products to clients and channel partners.
- Apply external market knowledge, internal and external client context and history as a key lens to inform pricing decisions.
Development of strategic pricing capabilities:
- Identify, execute and manage specific initiatives to further the companys ability to effectively design and price products.
Examples of such initiatives include:
- Improve the understanding of price elasticity of demand
- Analyze the trade:off between product attributes and demand
- Review corporate margin requirements in the context of competitive and market constraints
- Analyze effectiveness of past pricing decisions
- Incorporate innovative pricing models from outside market
- Identify and implement improvements in analytical techniques and data infrastructure to improve the quality of pricing decisions
- Develop and maintain strong cross functional partnerships with functional areas to ensure organizational support of pricing decisions. Adeptly manage internal conflicts.
- Be seen as a trusted business advisor by the leadership of the client and product teams
:Bachelors degree required
:8:10 years of business experience or three to five years of experience after the completion of graduate business school
:MBA strongly preferred
:Automotive aftermarket or retail experience a big plus. Must have B2B experience.
:Business experience working in an analytic capacity in fields such as management consulting, risk management, marketing analytics, or financial analysis
:Excellent knowledge of MS Excel
:Strong analytical skills including familiarity with statistical techniques such as multivariate regression
:Ability to interact with senior management; strong communication and presentation skills.
:Intellectual curiosity and interest in using data to drive decisions.
Dorman Products, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer; we value a combination of ideas, perspectives and cultures. EEO/AA Employer M/F/D/V. DormanProducts
• Location: South Jersey
• Post ID: 44421977 southjersey