Posted: Wednesday, September 20, 2017 5:45 AM
Employment Status:AF : Active : Regular : Full Time
Job Summary 13;
Manage the finances of the sponsored projects for assigned Divisions, Departments and Programs. Communicate accurate and timely financial data to principal investigators, sponsors and others. Provide proactive financial advice and planning. Maintain a strong customer:service oriented environment. Implement policies and standard operating procedures to ensure compliance with sponsor rules and regulations and generally accepted accounting procedures. Work with minimum direction and guidance within a service:team environment.
Job Responsibilities 13;
1. Manages the finances of the sponsored projects for assigned divisions, departments and programs.
* Reviews and approves all charges to grants, including purchase orders, check requests, travel expenses, personnel allocations and all other charges.
: Assures accuracy and timely processing
: Oversees resolution of payment issues
* Monitors account activity regularly, analyzes deficits and balances, alerts PIs and others as appropriate, and resolves activity issues promptly.
: Reconciles financial spreadsheets with data in the Lawson financial system.
: Investigates any anomalies and provides timely resolution
: Reallocates budgets
: Initiates costs transfers with supporting PI approval
* Works with investigators on the financial aspects of CHOP personnel allocated to sponsored projects.
: Determines affordability.
: Prepares and approves requisitions, EPFs, terminations and other related paperwork.
: Manages the annual merit evaluation process and implementation of salary increases.
* Allocates faculty salaries to sponsored projects at direction of Principal Investigators
: Determines affordability.
: Prepares annual fiscal year Research Notice of Funding and sends to appropriate hospital administrator for compilation into hospital budgets.
: Approves sponsored project funding on facultys F1.
: Responds to questions about funding of faculty salaries.
: Initiates mid:fiscal year changes to F1 to reflect changes in sponsored projects funding.
* Liaisons with employees, Human Resources, Compensation, Research Education, Research Administration, Research Finance, Division Chiefs, hospital administrators and others as necessary on the financial aspects of personnel issues.
: Refers employees and faculty to appropriate resources in HR
: Responds to questions regarding funding distributions, affordability, etc.
: Maintains accurate and up:to:date records of all personnel allocations and transactions on sponsored projects
2. Communicates accurate and timely financial data to principal investigators, sponsors, and others
* Provides PIs with financial summaries and reports in a spreadsheet format that is easily understood by the lay reader, and that agree to the Lawson Financial System
* Interprets and translates financial data so it is understandable for the non:specialist
: Modifies spreadsheet report format to meet PIs program needs
: Includes data necessary for PI decision:making
* Meets with each investigator to review and explain financial data
: Presents concerns and issues needing PI attention: time sensitive matters, PI decision needed, PI approval required, etc.
: Requests information from PI as needed.
: Develops dialogue about all aspects of sponsored project finances
* Provides ad hoc financial status updates whenever requested or necessary
* Explains the standardized Business Objects reports to investigators
* Closes sponsored project accounts with Research Accounting
: Resolves deficits
: Determines carryforward
: Approves final closeout
* Communicates financial information to Division Chiefs, Department Chairs, senior leadership, PIs staff and hospital administrators as necessary and appropriate
* Coaches faculty and staff about effective financial management of grants and contracts
* Disseminates information
• Location: South Jersey
• Post ID: 45436132 southjersey