Posted: Saturday, December 30, 2017 10:32 PM
Corning is one of the world's leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people's lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R and D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
JOB SUMMARY Under supervision of shift foreman, or batch weigh mix operator, transports and dumps cullet. Operates cullet:crushing machine to crush glass for the recycling into batch mixes. Insures proper storage of cullet in bins, piles and silos. Is also responsible for the preventing improper mixing and contamination of cullet.
DUTIES and ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Checks and removes foreign materials and the heavy pieces of glass from cullet to prevent contamination of batch and damage to the crushing equipment.
- Operates B and C control panels to operate crushing machine. Also operates drying system; cleans crushers, panels crusher pits, horizontal conveyor and distributor room. Take silo readings to insure proper storage levels and cleans moisture meter.
- Transfers cullet from various departments to the proper storage bins in the batch house vicinity. Also must visually inspect cullet to insure that the proper cullet is in the proper container.
- Operates dumpster:truck to transfer cullet from various departments to the proper storage bins in the batch house vicinity.
- Operates front:end loader to transport cullet from the collection bins in the furnace areas to the batch house; verifies contents of all cullet collected.
- Observes all safety rules and regulations and performs job in a safe manner.
- Performs other duties assigned.
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
REQUIRED: High School diploma or equivalent.
PREFERRED REQUIRED LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS Forklift and Loader Certification are required.
RATE GROUP: 9/10 HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Each employee regardless of their position at Corning is required to assume responsibility for their own actions and to take positive steps in assisting their follow workers in support of a safe working environment.
- Employee is required to ensure that the Safety Rules and the Standard Operating Procedures are obeyed.
- Employee is required to immediately record and investigate the circumstances and causes of accidents/near missed and to take the appropriate action.
- Employee is required to rectify any condition considered unsafe.
- Employee is required to pro:actively support the Health and Safety Team. Additionally employees with supervisory responsibilities are expected to lead by example, to immediately address any unsafe behaviour and to hold their team members accountable. Corning maintains an open door policy. Employees are therefore encouraged to continuously improve the overall health and safety performance of the company.
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
• Location: South Jersey, Vineland
• Post ID: 51289277 southjersey