Nurse Practitioner : Front Line Ordering Clinician GI/Generalist part time - (philadelphia,
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 1:54 AM
Employment Status:AP : Active : Regular : Part Time
Job Summary 13;
In collaboration with an attending physician, the Front Line Ordering Clinician (FLOC) Nurse Practitioner is responsible for the direct care and follow:up of a population of patients that matches his/her scope of practice and skill set. This care is delivered in defined inpatient and hospital:outpatient areas. The components of the role include clinical practice, consultation, professional development, education, and research. The NPs in these roles may be required to have acute/critical care education and certification. The appropriate education/certification will be determined by the scope of the role in a particular practice area. The clinical portion of this role will require increased level of accountability including managing a cohort of high acuity patients. In addition to managing patient care, the FLOC NP may be required to utilize invasive interventions and procedures to promote physiologic stability. The role will also include off:shift responsibility. The off shift rotation schedule may include days, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays and will be determined by the clinical needs of the practice environment.:/h4: 13;
Job Responsibilities 13;
1. Assess the complex acute, critical and chronically ill patient for urgent and emergent conditions. Uses relevant data to evaluate for physiologic instability. Utilizes the data to formulate a plan of care.
2. Performs therapeutic interventions to stabilize acute and critical health problems. Specific interventions are listed in the Scope of Practice Document and approved as a part of the credentialing/privileging process.
3. Analyzes the indications, contraindications, risk of complications and cost:benefits of therapeutic interventions..
4. Manages the plan of care through evaluation, modification and documentation according to the patients response to therapy. Manages changes in condition with a focus on optimizing the patient outcomes.
5. Incorporates health promotion, health protection and injury prevention measures into the plan of care within the context of the complex acute, critical and chronic illness.
Job Responsibilities (Continued) 13;
6. Facilitates the patients transitions between and within health care settings.
7. Serves as an educational resource to the patient/family, nursing staff, and provider team. Acts as a consultant to multidisciplinary health care team members.
8. Participates in scholarly activities including research and education. Participates in own professional development by maintaining required competencies, identifying learning needs and seeking appropriate educational offerings. Participates in the professional development of others. Acts as a preceptor and mentor to support the development of nurses, nurse practitioners, students, and other health care providers.
9. Demonstrates a commitment to patient safety by speaking up about safety issues and changing practice to enhance safety. Shares errors or potential errors through system reporting mechanisms. Demonstrates shared accountability for safe practice.
Job Responsibilities (Continued) 13;
Required Licenses, Certifications, Registrations 13;
RN : Registered Nurse 13;
CRNP : Cert Regist Nurse Prac License 13;
Certificate of Prescriptive Authority 13;
NP (Subspecialty Specific) 13;
Required Education and Experience 13;
Masters degree from an NLNAC and/or CCNE accredited graduate school of nursing.
Preferred Education, Experience and Cert/Lic 13;
Doctorate degree from an NLNAC and/or CCNE accredited graduate school of nursing: preferred
Additional Technical Requirements 13;
:Ability to work in an inter:professional team setting with multiple responsibilities.:/h4:
:Ability to use computer and electronic medical records eff
• Location: South Jersey
• Post ID: 42888788 southjersey