Posted: Wednesday, December 27, 2017 3:22 PM
Employment Status:AP : Active : Regular : Part Time
Job Summary 13;
The Childrens Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) Research Institute seeks candidates for technical director at its Small Animal Imaging Facility (SAIF). This position reports to the faculty director of SAIF and oversees the routine businesses of world:class CHOP imaging facility. The position is responsible for routine operation, management and maintenance of SAIF as well as enhancement of the Facility in a cost effective manner. Applicants must possess a PhD degree in Biomedical engineering, Biophysics or a related discipline and have a track record of research experiences in the form of journal publications and conference abstracts. CHOP Research Institute is home to one of the largest pediatric research programs in the country and conducts groundbreaking research on a variety of medical disorders daily. Applicants will work with PIs and researchers from a variety of world class research programs across Childrens Hospital of Philadelphia and University of Pennsylvania. Applicants will help these users of SAIF adopt new and advanced imaging approaches to advance their research.
Interested applicants could submit inquiries to Dr Hao Huang, Faculty Advisor at SAIF, with email
Job Responsibilities 13;
Key Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
* Routine operation and management of the imaging facilities;
* Maintain the advanced imaging equipment and ensure proper function of the imaging equipment;
* Ensure proper training of the users and monitor usage of all highly specialized equipment in facilities;
* Assist in the design of experimental protocols customized and optimized for a variety of research projects, in consultation with research labs and end:users;
* Perform basic post:processing of data for preliminary findings and has the ability to present images;
* Manage imaging project budgets and cost controls
Required Education and Experience 13;
M.D. or Ph.D. degree in laboratory medicine and five years or greater experience in the field. (MA / MS degree with 5 years of supervisory experience in the field may be substituted for terminal degree)
Preferred Education, Experience and Cert/Lic 13;
* Must possess a PhD degree in Biomedical engineering, Biophysics or a related discipline and have a track record of biological and scientific imaging;
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, to present ideas, problems, solutions and instructions clearly and concisely;
* Must have knowledge of the instrumentation when used within the biological field;
* Proven management abilities and strong interpersonal skills in effectively dealing with different people and groups;
* Ability to solve problem, analyze data and work with various sources of information by him/herself and motivate staff to do so;
* Handle complex, stressful situations with diplomacy, calmness and good judgment, coaches and assists when appropriate;
* Experience with MATLAB, Paravision, Siemens Software, DTIStudio, Microsoft Word/Excel/Powerpoint.
Additional Technical Requirements 13;
:Proficiency in the use of a wide variety of lab techniques, research equipment and research related software.
:Proficiency with Information Systems used within the department.
:Ability to handle confidential materials.
:Ability to work the bench when necessary.
:Communication, technical, and organizational skills.
:Ability to handle and interpret data. 13;
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Childrens Hospital of Philadelphia is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for its patients, family members, visitors and employees. In an effort to achieve this goal, employment at Childrens Hospital
• Location: philadelphia, South Jersey
• Post ID: 50267037 southjersey