Posted: Thursday, October 5, 2017 8:48 PM
Corning is one of the world's leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in speciality glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people's lives.
At Corning, our growth is fueled by a commitment to innovation. We succeed through sustained investment in research and development, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges. We are a four:time National Medal of Technology winner thanks to our technology leadership and R and D environment, which attract and enable the best scientific minds in the world. This pipeline of talent has brought life:changing innovation to your fingertips for more than 160 years.
Scope of Position:
- Successful candidate will be able to work independently, leverage resources to manage work load and provide technical direction aligned with business requirements.
- Work in a high performance development, engineering and manufacturing team setting to design, procure, install, debug and transfer Measurement, Controls and Inspection equipment to manufacturing.
- Work on multiple medium to large, capital projects concurrently in support of division objectives with a focus on process understanding and building core capability
- Technical engineer with some project management experience able project management when needed and engineering principles to complete projects on time and budget
- Successful candidate will be able expertise and navigate problems associated with projects from all areas from concept design to final technology transfer in a fashion that meets good manufacturing practice (GMP) and other required agency standards
- Provide manufacturing support on an as needed basis
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Participate and potentially lead technology/knowledge transfer from central engineering group to worldwide manufacturing sites
- Participate as part of a team in controls/electrical design/metrology/development efforts for secondary processing and controls/electrical development groups with a focus on "upfront" engineering
- Thoroughly document all designs/developments to ensure fast and efficient technology transfer to the manufacturing facilities with a focus on clear documented functional requirements documentation
- Excellent process understanding and an innate technical curiosity will be required in order to achieve these goals effectively
- This is a functional position that requires strong technical skills and may require the ability to leverage and train others.
- Interface with Research, Development and Plant Engineering to ensure project deliverables meet product and division requirements
- Ensure required technology transfer documentation is maintained and delivered throughout the project - Provide technical leadership and subject matter expertise to project engineers
Travel Requirements: - 30+ possible, including international - On:site assignments at manufacturing operations worldwide
Hours of work/work schedule/flex:time: 40 hours, Monday : Friday; weekend possible depending on location or possible project work
Required Education: B.S. : M.S. in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum of 10 years of hands:on experience including demonstrated internships or coop experience
- Competent in problem solving tools, decision analyses, FMEA, potential problem analyses.
- Ability to work well with other disciplines (process, mechanical engineering) and providing/receiving direction
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to troubleshoot electrical, measurement, and process control equipment, PLCs, HMIs, and data collection systems and/or leverage resources to accomplish the same.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral)
- Ability to plan upfront, co
• Location: South Jersey
• Post ID: 45469882 southjersey