Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 12:24 AM
Employment Status:AF : Active : Regular : Full Time
Job Summary 13;
The Childrens Hospital Of Philadelphia (CHOP) Research Institute is recruiting a new team to build a data and informatics program called Arcus that will link clinical and biological data and provide world:class computational tools to solve the most challenging problems in child health. Recognizing the central role of data to the future of pediatric research, CHOP leadership and the Board of Trustees committed to a funding plan, and Arcus was launched in July 2017. The Arcus team integrates with major scientific initiatives in the Research Institute Strategic Plan: Lifespan, Rare Diseases, Novel Devices and Therapeutics, and Precision Health. We seek mission:oriented professionals with interest and expertise in the areas of biomedical science, library science, data education, data science, cloud computing, data privacy, and security.
As a member of the Scientific Computing Platform team at the Department of Biomedical and Health Informatics (DBHi), the Cloud Security Engineer builds, deploys, and supports innovative platforms for scalable complex systems. This position will leverage Cloud infrastructure and CI/CD tools to ensure system and data security for a dynamic, heterogeneous computing infrastructure that will serve the CHOP research community at large. The successful candidate will be passionate about data security and automation, able to work independently and as an interdisciplinary team member, with good organizational skills and attention to detail. Strong critical thinking, troubleshooting and problem:solving skills are also required for this position. A basic background in life sciences is helpful but not required.
We are looking for people who share in our mission/eagerness to develop novel ways of advancing child health.
Job Responsibilities 13;
1. Lead the cloud information security architecture and roadmap for the Arcus platform.
2. Define and document best practices from a security perspective.
3. Serve as security expert in platform and application development, database and micro:service design. Providing guidance to project teams on the appropriate selection and implementation of security controls to comply with enterprise compliance and security policies.
4. Participate in architecture security review. Reviewing technology designs and develop data security controls and solutions.
5. Define monitoring requirements and implement automated incident resolution solutions.
6. Research, design, and POC new technologies and best practices around data security
7. This is a hands:on position.
Required Education and Experience 13;
1. BS/MS in computational discipline required. BS/MS in systems engineering is preferred.
2. 7:14 years of experience in a production data:intensive computing role.
3. Experience with cloud computing technologies (GCP/AWS), including tools such as Terraform and Ansible preferred
4. Experience implementing security controls around data and data products preferred
5. Experience in analyzing infrastructure implementations from a security perspective preferred
6. Experience with build management and continuous integration practices and tools (Jenkins) preferred
7. Knowledge of general application security APIs and protocols and IDM systems such as Active Directory (AD), LDAP, SAML, OAuth, SSO, etc preferred
8. Knowledge of PKI systems preferred
9. Familiarity with network and security configuration management best practices : SIEM, IPS/IDS, IAM, firewalls preferred
10. Familiarity with Industry compliance standards, e.g HIPAA, NIST preferred
• Location: South Jersey
• Post ID: 42264993 southjersey