Lead Equipment Engineering Specialist : 90220994 : Philadelphia - (philadelphia, pennsylvania)
Posted: Tuesday, September 12, 2017 11:44 AM
Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America's workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
This position is responsible for managing the program to acquire and lease capital equipment used by the Engineering Department to construct and maintain Right of Way assets on Amtrak owned and operated infrastructure. This includes developing a multi:year capital acquisition program based on identified needs of the Engineering Department's Divisions and Production.
In support of the equipment acquisition program this position will maintain and keep current the library of specifications, drawings and engineering designs necessary to acquire new equipment
The position will oversee the equipment inventory requirements of Amtrak Equipment Control Policy 3.19.1 Under the supervisor provided by this position, equipment repairmen personnel will implement the Engineering M/W equipment and vehicle bonding and grounding policy.
- Establish a support structure within Amtrak to ensure any transaction to acquire M/W equipment is done in conformity with Federal and Amtrak rules, regulations and policies.
- Establish and maintain relationships with Buyers in the Procurement Department who are assigned the task of acquiring and leasing capital M/W equipment to ensure that current procedures for acquisition are known and applied to purchase requests and that transactions are expedited
- Responsible for planning and implementing the Engineering annual Capital Equipment Acquisition Program
- Responsible for managing the Engineering M/W equipment and Vehicle bonding and grounding program
- Responsible for maintaining the Engineering Department library of M/W equipment specifications, designs, drawings, operating and training manuals
- Comply with Amtrak Equipment Control Policy 3.19.1 with respect to annual and bi:annual inventory of M/W fleet
- Maintain the official inventory of M/W Equipment in Maximo
- Facilitate annual, or more frequent if necessary, capital requirement meetings to identify future equipment requirements of the Engineering Divisions and Production.
- Using Amtrak Project Management tools, manage scope, schedule and budget for M/W equipment acquisition projects.
- Support other M/W equipment initiatives as assigned by the Senior Manager Equipment Maintenance and Senior Director Business Improvement.
- Demonstrated experience working in railroad and/or general construction
- Experience in transportation operations and procedures.
- Demonstrated managerial experience.
- Experience in managing budgets
- Analytical and problem solving skills, self starter requiring little direction
- Demonstrated experience in working with roadway work equipment and/or large construction equipment
- Demonstrated experience in using PC:based word processing and spreadsheets
- Demonstrated experience in working effectively with multiple inter:disciplinary teams
- Demonstrated experience in using Project Management tools
- Experience working in data based programs such as Maximo and SAP
- Experience in preparing annual capital budget.
PREFERRED WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in managing complex programs in an operating environment.
- Demonstrated experience in work and asset management applications, preferably IBM's Maximo
COMMUNICATIONS AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
• Location: South Jersey
• Post ID: 44449587 southjersey