What you’ll be doing...
The Associate Fellow Cloud Services Engineering position will be responsible for driving IT Infrastructure and Cloud transformation across Verizon that improves the overall agility of IT and the delivery of solutions to the business. This candidate will be responsible for proactively evaluating new technologies and building a next generation cloud reference architecture that will make our infrastructure and operations a competitive weapon for Verizon. The Associate Fellow position will have responsibility for developing and maintaining a reference architecture that drives a next generation cloud infrastructure and development transformation and aligns with the tenets of a DevOps support model. The candidate should have experience and a working knowledge of the latest cloud hardware and software technologies, including infrastructure automation and delivery (e.g. AWS, Docker, CI/CD methodologies), and new development platforms that maximize IT business agility (e.g. CloudFoundry, OpenShift). This candidate should have direct experience working with the Development teams to utilize these automation and deployment tools. This candidate must also ensure the Cloud Infrastructure Technology Roadmaps tie effectively to the goals of the CIOs and each of Verizon Business Units.
This candidate will determine technologies that best leverage the IT Cloud Services $50M capital and $230M expense budgets most effectively. They will research and recommend the implementation of disruptive technologies to drive innovation and more cost effective solutions within the environment. Additionally, they will work with leaders across all lines of the business to understand the needs of our user and customer base, and delivers technologies that are effective and industry leading.
The candidate will act as a change agent and advocate across the organization for new technologies and methodologies that enable higher levels of business agility and operational excellence. This candidate must have the ability to build consensus across technical and application teams to drive adoption of new infrastructure and development technologies, and maximize speed to market and ROI.
The candidate will also be called up to manage highly complex large scale projects related to the Public Cloud deployments, automation, engineering, and service management. These projects will typically include investigating new Public Cloud services and defining how these services can be leveraged by Verizon application developers. The Associate Fellow will work with application teams to define requirements and recommend new solutions for the various end user applications. The candidate will also be a mentor to the other Public Cloud engineers to ensure they become more proficient in understanding and developing public cloud services and how to deliver them. These Public Cloud technology skills are extremely new in the enterprise and individuals that understand them are highly regarded.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of Public Cloud architectures, configurations, services, and solutions (Amazon Web Services Cloud Formation, EC2, ELB, S3, EMR, Autoscale, Cloudwatch; or relevant from other providers).
- Experience driving technical reference architecture decisions and implementing across cross functional teams.
- Knowledge of information systems concepts, system administration and cloud and platforms.
- Knowledge of containers and container management technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, Rancher, or Mesosphere.
- Experience leveraging and managing CI/CD toolchain products like Jira, STASH, Git, or Jenkins.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect.
- Working knowledge and experience with Open Source software support models including Open Stack, KVM, next generation tools, and cloud development frameworks (Cloud Foundry, Open Shift, etc.).
- Experience with high availability solutions, multi-site application deployments, and disaster recovery / business continuity methodologies.
- Ability to participate and lead executive dialogs in regards to our services and capabilities.
- Strong knowledge of scripting and automation programming -- languages like Ruby, Python, Perl, BASH.
- Strong knowledge of Configuration management tools like Ansible, Chef, Puppet.
- Experience leading teams and projects from a technical and project management perspective.
- Excellent knowledge of system design and hardware at an enterprise level.
- Strong technical/analytical skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Strong decision-making and leadership abilities.
- Strong organizational and problem solving abilities.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills along with the ability to handle multiple priorities and high stress situations.
- Strong relationship skills and collaborative style to enable success across multiple partners.
- Proven ability to work under pressure and deliver sound results.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/7661646-associate-fellow-cloud-services-engineer
• Post ID: 44393007 southjersey