Posted: Saturday, February 3, 2018 2:59 AM
Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America's workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
The Lead Business Analyst will be responsible for interacting with field personnel, subject matter experts, and IT personnel to ensure successful execution and support of Engineering work and asset management applications. This position is responsible to all levels of the Engineering Department for identifying areas where enhancements to systems, processes, and procedures will improve performance and taking appropriate action to drive continuous improvement.
- Assist in the development, implementation, and administration of quality systems processes and quality assurance practices and policies within the Engineering Department
- Perform quality control of the data entered into Maximo for inspections and tests, corrective maintenance, incident and failure reporting, and labor reporting (cost against work orders).
- Thoroughly understand Engineering business processes and work practices to 1) identify areas where business process changes are required to leverage Maximo standard functionality; and 2) coordinate with the EAM Implementation team to ensure that EAM solutions delivered provide the data needed for Engineering Management to make informed decisions related to condition, performance, and life of the asset as well as repair versus replace and capital planning
- Act as the subject matter expert on inspections and tests processes in Maximo for one or more technical disciplines. Develop an understanding of the assets which need to be inspected, the frequency of those inspections, and any configuration changes which will result in updates to the inspection.
- Interface with the Asset Information team to ensure accurate asset attribute and configuration information is loaded to Maximo in a timely fashion. Continuously assess the technical disciplines asset information seeking areas of improvement; new assets to be added; attribution information to be collected to support Engineering's Asset Management Strategy
- Continuously communicate with all levels of Engineering management to gauge satisfaction with the tools, systems, processes, and functionality delivered to assess further training needs, understand where strong change management efforts are required, and identify opportunities for improvement
- Interface with the Maximo users on all new functionality, process changes, support and training needs.
- Solid ability to collect, summarize and analyze financial and operational information
- Demonstrated work experience in railroad engineering management systems (or related field)
- Proven experience with asset work management processes
- Demonstrated ability to build rapport within all levels of the organization and to communicate effectively with Department heads
- Ability to communicate complex concepts at all levels
- Working knowledge of asset, work, and maintenance management best practices and processes.
- Demonstrated ability lead and manage organizational change
- Demonstrated ability strong analytical skills
- Work with minimal supervision
- Master Degree in Engineering, Business or Technology management.
PREFERRED WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Understanding of Maximo, asset and work management system, organizational and business processes
- Field experience in railroad maintenance, inspection, testing, or construction in one or more technical disciplines
- Working knowledge
• Location: South Jersey
• Post ID: 53515132 southjersey