Posted: Saturday, February 3, 2018 10:31 PM
Corning is one of the worlds leading innovators in materials science, with a 166:year track record of life:changing inventions. Corning applies its unparalleled expertise in glass science, ceramics science, and optical physics, along with its deep manufacturing and engineering capabilities, to develop category:defining products that transform industries and enhance peoples lives. Corning Valor(tm) Glass is an example of a life:changing innovation purpose:built to store and protect injectable medicines. Corning is also a global leader in pharmaceutical tubing, manufacturing a variety of clear and amber glass tubing that is converted by our customers into vials, cartridges, ampules and syringes.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
* Provide project leadership and establish plan (scope, schedule, cost and deliverables)
* Effectively align action plans with appropriate project phases including: initiation, planning, implementation, control and close:out elements
* Make design drawings for furnace refractory (brick), steel, ducting and piping
* Maintain and manage refractory inventory
* Organization of CAD files related to the furnaces and hot end
* Assist Hot End Operations with the management and ordering of spare parts
* Document furnace construction and repair data for historical information that can be reviewed for purposes of future planning
* Work with project team members to solve difficult mechanical engineering, furnace design and process equipment related problems, resolve project related issues, and develop fundamental understanding of process and equipment design requirements
* Develops mechanical design concepts, drawings and follows construction of prototype and production process equipment, conducts proof of concept tests, collects and evaluates data, and makes appropriate engineering recommendations based on that data
* Individual must be capable of executing project assignments in a team based environment
* Ability to be flexible and work concurrently on multiple projects
* Other duties as assigned
* Normal Business Hours (8 : 5, M : F), however, expected to work hours required to achieve project objectives
Furnace Rebuild Responsibilities :
* Supervise and act as Owners Representative for one shift of the Furnace Rebuild
* Work with contractors and labor foremen to insure everyone is performing tasks safely
* Review prints and check construction to assure that furnace is being built to design
* Assist labor foreman and think proactively to keep productivity at a high level throughout the furnace rebuild
* Work hours are typically day shift excluding furnace rebuilds which would be 11 hours night shifts, working 6:7 days/week until end of project. (Approximately one month)
* Estimate travel at 10 depending upon specific project assignment. Travel may be required during installation, debug, and start:up as well as for routine interaction with customers and suppliers
* International Travel : Possible based on project assignment
:B.S. in Mechanical Engineering
:High level of technical curiosity that will enable unique solutions to the technical challenges incumbent in the position.
:2+ years in the glass, manufacturing or construction industry doing project in engineering and project management.
:Ability to effectively leverage onsite contractors and offsite fabricators for detail design, build, and integration of machine system implementation.
:Demonstrated skills in 2:D and 3:D CAD, Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing, and knowledge of ANSI Y14.5:1994 drafting standard.
:Ability to work in a team based environment and participate on a highly matrixed project team.
:Self:starter who is able to satisfy their objectives and timelines under direct supervision.
:Sound problem solving and decision making processes and skills.
:Results oriented with a high commitment lev
• Location: South Jersey, Vineland
• Post ID: 53212787 southjersey