Posted: Wednesday, January 31, 2018 6:54 PM
Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America's workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Responsible for inspection, testing and maintenance of electrical, electronic and HVAC systems on rolling stock equipment and components in accordance with FRA and Amtrak standards and guidelines. Works on electrical systems and components with AC and DC voltage.
- Performs inspection, testing and maintenance in accordance with 49CFR regulations and Amtrak standards and guidelines.
- Utilizes a variety of test equipment, PC and graphic information to diagnose malfunctions, troubleshoot and qualify components and circuits to determine corrective actions and causes of equipment failures.
- Repairs and/or replaces doors, electronics, signs, pantographs and HVAC systems.
- Installs components such as motors, generators, switches, relays, batteries and transformers.
- Performs approved electrical modifications and repairs or replaces components, as necessary.
- Troubleshoots equipment to determine corrective actions and causes of equipment failures.
- Maintains proper care and use of materials, test equipment, machines and hand tools normally associated with assigned job.
- Experience in electrical repairs, and testing advanced electrical/electronic systems and reading, drafting, and interpreting circuit diagrams, schematics and mechanical drawings.
- Experience in both A/C and D/C electrical systems.
- Must successfully complete training and attain/retain certifications applicable to assigned job.
- Knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot using schematics and multimeters.
- Knowledge and skill in the use of electrical tools, equipment and the measurements necessary to meet established standards.
- Some computer skills.
PREFERRED WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in the maintenance of railroad equipment.
- Completion of technical school or apprenticeship program.
COMMUNICATION AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Candidates who apply to this posting may be contacted now or at a later date when a position becomes available.
Up to 25
Employment Experience Requirements:
1 : 3 years of experience
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance.
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job : we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family, and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
We proudly support and encourage U.S. Veterans for Amtrak job opportunities.
All positions require pre:employment background verification, medical review and pre:employment drug screen.Amtrak is committed to a safe and drug:free workplace and performs pre:employment substance abuse testing.All new hires are required to undergo a hair drug test which detects the presence of illegal drugs for months prior to testing.We appreciate your cooperation in keeping Amtrak safe and drug:free.
In accordance with DOT regulations (49 CFR section 40.25), Amtrak is required to obtain prior drug and alcohol testing records for applicants/employees
• Location: South Jersey
• Post ID: 52851432 southjersey