Posted: Tuesday, September 5, 2017 5:33 PM
Employment Status:AF : Active : Regular : Full Time
Job Summary 13;
The Childrens Hospital Of Philadelphia (CHOP) Research Institute is recruiting a new team to build a data and informatics program called Arcus that will link clinical and biological data and provide world:class computational tools to solve the most challenging problems in child health. Recognizing the central role of data to the future of pediatric research, CHOP leadership and the Board of Trustees committed to a funding plan, and Arcus was launched in July 2017. The Arcus team integrates with major scientific initiatives in the Research Institute Strategic Plan: Lifespan, Rare Diseases, Novel Devices and Therapeutics, and Precision Health. We seek mission:oriented professionals with interest and expertise in the areas of biomedical science, library science, data education, data science, cloud computing, data privacy, and security.
The Arcus Data Privacy and Security Analyst will define and help to implement Arcus:based policies and procedures that protect the privacy of research participants and CHOP patients whose data are stored in the Arcus platform. Additionally, the Analyst will ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local regulations and guidance documents pertaining to data:intensive research.
Job Responsibilities 13;
1. Develop and contribute to the implementation of data standards, policy, and procedures related to: de:identification, data use, authorization, privacy monitoring, data security risk assessment, and other areas relevant to data privacy and security.
2. Work with CHOP legal to develop patient informed consent, user, and data use agreements governing data access.
3. Develop and implement authentication and authorization procedures for appropriate data access.
4. Ensure compliance with all relevant federal and state regulations and requirements related to research data in the Arcus platform.
5. Interface closely with the Research Institute Office of Research Compliance (ORC) on matters pertaining to data privacy and security.
6. Develop and deliver Arcus:based educational programs related to research data privacy and security.
7. Perform quality assurance monitoring to provide review and assurance that specific policies, regulations and requirements are being met and maintained, and issue reports to Arcus leadership, ORC, and other relevant governing bodies.
8. Assure that Arcus maintains compliance with CHOP policy regarding data storage, access and security.
9. Assist with risk and vulnerability management and incident response coordination activities as requested.
10. Monitor developments in technology, regulations, and guidance related to privacy and security and make recommendations based on this information, advising Arcus leadership as necessary on data privacy and security implications for Arcus.
Required Education and Experience 13;
1. Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
2. Four years or more experience in computer science, management information systems, data privacy, security or other relevant field
Additional Technical Requirements 13;
1. Knowledge of human subjects research protections including the HIPAA Privacy Rule and the Federal Policy for the Protection for Human Subjects (or, the Common Rule) strongly preferred
2. Knowledge of information security standards preferred
3. Knowledge of technical aspects of data security preferred
4. Experience with human subjects research, especially in data:intensive studies preferred
5. Advanced knowledge of federal and agency requirements, and ability to interpret laws, guidelines and regulations that govern data privacy and security required
6. Experience in interpreting and developing policies, procedures and strategies to meet data privacy and security required
7. Good analytical and problem:solving skill
• Location: South Jersey
• Post ID: 43113083 southjersey