Posted: Saturday, February 3, 2018 12:47 PM
Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America's workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
This position is responsible for updating and keeping current the Maximo Asset Database and the ESRI Geodatabase with network/R.O.W. reconfigurations and additions for the C and S Department. The incumbent will interface with C and S Design and other departments to collect asset data, and ensure the changes are incorporated into Maximo.
- The position will keep Location and Asset information in Maximo current when reconfiguration and additions are made by the Communications and Signals Department.
- The incumbent will interface with the Communications and Signals Department and other Engineering Departments to collect required master data using various IMS tools to incorporate the updates and changes into Maximo.
- Incumbent will be responsible to systematically expand the communications and signals master asset, component and sub:assembly database tables as well as the required attributes necessary for inspections, tests and work management.
- As part of the work order reporting procedure the incumbent will validate and incorporate asset change information into the Maximo and the Geodatabase as received from the EAM ET work orders at completion of the work. This process will also include the incorporation of manual and automated inspection results as inspection work orders are submitted to Maximo
- Collect and process asset data using portable GPS equipment. Field:verify data where necessary.
- Process data using LiDAR Survey post:processing software, CAD software and GIS software in preparation for import into Maximo and Geodatabase.
- This position will also support IMS development as an electronics and communications subject matter expert to the IMS project development team.
- Demonstrated experience in C and S including field data collection and layout.
- Prior satisfactory job performance.
- Knowledge of circuit design and maintenance.
- Windows based PC applications including MS Office : Excel, Word, and Access.
- Ability to work independently and produce accurate results through attention to detail.
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel.
- Interpersonal/communication skills for verbal and written presentations
- Communicate effectively with all levels of management.
- Work with minimal supervision.
Bachelors Degree in Engineering or related field.
PREFERRED WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in electronics and communications including field data collection and layout.
- Demonstrated work experience in data processing environment which includes experience with CAD, GIS and LiDAR post processing software.
- Experience with processing ESRI ArcMap software to create 3D drawings of railroad assets.
- Certification in CAD or Geographic Information Systems.
- Asset management experience.
COMMUNICATION AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Up to 25
Employment Experience Requirements:
3 : 5 years of experience
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance.
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job : we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportun
• Location: South Jersey
• Post ID: 53484187 southjersey