Posted: Tuesday, July 18, 2017 11:52 PM
Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America's workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
The Manager : Process Engineering is responsible for applying business oversight to technically ordered department with a goal of ensuring that actions undertaken, solutions developed, and improvements delivered result in business value, enhance productivity, and drive collaboration among the disparate elements of the Engineering Department. This position is responsible to all levels of the Engineering Department for identifying areas where enhancements to systems, resources, processes, and procedures will improve performance and taking appropriate action to drive continuous improvement.
- Lead the development, implementation, and administration of quality systems processes and quality assurance practices and policies within the Engineering Department
- Review business practices : identify opportunities to improve work methods and streamline existing processes to reduce unit costs, engineering inventory, and material handling costs. Measure quality of work, effectiveness of maintenance practices and appropriate disposition of work force.
- Assemble, manage, develop, and effectively deploy a staff of up to 5 Industrial Engineering and process improvement professionals to the betterment of the Engineering Department
- Thoroughly understand and document Engineering business processes and work practices to 1) identify areas where business process changes are required to leverage Maximo standard functionality (and implement those changes); and 2) coordinate with the EAM Implementation team to ensure that EAM solutions delivered required functionality meet the intent of the business requirements
- Lead efforts to ensure that major financial investments and business process changes are supported with sound financial analysis through the development of solid business cases
- Develop and implement process improvement programs by which productivity and performance can be measured to help the Engineering team to increase production, reduce unit costs, and enhance asset utilization
- Lead efforts to enable data driven decision making by Engineering supervision and management by guiding the development and driving the adoption of (near) real:time reporting from Maximo and other related systems
- Assist in the development of and analysis of benchmarking materials, the review of work practices, policies, procedures, data, budgets, agreements, work standards, and other relevant documentation to ensure efficiency and economies to scale to support the divisions and disciplines in creating a uniform and consistent structure
- Evaluate effectiveness of internal processes and controls and recommends enhancements to data retrieval, documentation, and process flow.
- Coordinate closely with the EAM Implementation organization to ensure that business process requirements are accurately translated to technical design requirements and that delivered solutions meet the intent of the specification.
- Continuously communicate with all levels of Engineering management to gauge satisfaction with the tools, systems, processes, and functionality delivered to assess further training needs, understand where strong change management efforts are required, and identify opportunities for improvement
- Provide oversight to department capital projects and ensure they are initiated and managed in accordance with sound project management principles consistent with the Project Management Institutes (PMI) Project Management Body of K
• Location: South Jersey
• Post ID: 40705613 southjersey