Intern : Undergraduate 1 Year Completed : 90228863 : Philadelphia - (philadelphia, pennsylvania)
Posted: Saturday, January 20, 2018 4:00 AM
Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America's workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
NOTE: Must be actively pursuing a degree at an accredited educational institution (preferably Sophomore : Junior level)
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
The purpose of these positions is to attract new engineers and to promote careers in railway engineering by providing an entry point for engineers in training. Accepted candidates for the positions will have the opportunity their engineering skills in the field and to gain firsthand work experience in the various aspects of railway engineering.
* Work under the supervision of assigned Engineering Manager(s)
* Assist in the management and supervision of engineering resources in the field involved in inspection, maintenance, and constructions activities
* Assist in providing technical, logistical, and administrative support to ensure the successful completion of assigned project tasks within scope, schedule and budget
* Assist in performing engineering surveys, designs, design reviews, and other analyses of fixed railroad infrastructure assets and components to improve reliability and to enhance safety
* Receive instruction on the various Engineering safety standards, work procedures, and operating practices
* Specific work assignments will be determined based on the planned headquarters location and engineering discipline of the selected candidate(s)
* Actively pursuing a degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and CADD software
PREFERRED WORK EXPERIENCE:
* Prior work experience in design, maintenance or construction.
* Previous construction or railroad industry experience
* Linux and/or Windows Programming
* Configuration and/or Data Management
COMMUNICATIONS AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
Employment Experience Requirements:
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance.
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job : we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family, and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
We proudly support and encourage U.S. Veterans for Amtrak job opportunities.
All positions require pre:employment background verification, medical review and pre:employment drug screen.Amtrak is committed to a safe and drug:free workplace and performs pre:employment substance abuse testing.All new hires are required to undergo a hair drug test which detects the presence of illegal drugs for months prior to testing.We appreciate your cooperation in keeping Amtrak safe and drug:free.
In accordance with DOT regulations (49 CFR section 40.25), Amtrak is required to obtain prior drug and alcohol testing records for applicants/employees intending to perform safety: sensitive duties for covered Department of Transportation positions. If an applicant/employee refuses to provide written consent for Amtrak to obtain these records, he/she will not permitted to perform safety:sensitive functions.
Note that any education requirement listed
• Location: South Jersey
• Post ID: 52782707 southjersey