INTERN:TECHNICAL 3 YEARS COMPLETED : 90112088 : Philadelphia - (philadelphia, pennsylvania)
Posted: Thursday, February 1, 2018 7:43 PM
Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America's workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
This position will support Engineering Structures Team by performing tasks as directed by department design professionals.
*Search for, and file, drawings and documents in department document library.
* Perform minor design and drafting.
* Edit, revise and publish written construction project specifications manual.
* Revise and publish scopes of work.
* Manage department master specifications library.
* Assist in document reproduction.
* Perform calculations for review and approval by professional.
* Assist with correspondence.
* Ability to build relationships and to communicate effectively with team members, supervisors, managers and clerical staff.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Strong PC skills, especially Microsoft Office applications
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills, self:starter, motivated individual
* Pursuing Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering(Structures or Construction Management Emphasis) minimum of 3 years completed towards Bachelor Degree
* AutoCAD design and drafting experience
PREFERRED WORK EXPERIENCE:
* Ability to successfully manage multiple tasks
* Desire to pursue building design career
* Interest in railroad transportation industry
* Available to work generally full:time 40 hrs/week during the summer time frame
COMMUNICATIONS AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
Employment Experience Requirements:
Under 1 year of experience
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance.
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job : we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family, and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
We proudly support and encourage U.S. Veterans for Amtrak job opportunities.
All positions require pre:employment background verification, medical review and pre:employment drug screen.Amtrak is committed to a safe and drug:free workplace and performs pre:employment substance abuse testing.All new hires are required to undergo a hair drug test which detects the presence of illegal drugs for months prior to testing.We appreciate your cooperation in keeping Amtrak safe and drug:free.
In accordance with DOT regulations (49 CFR section 40.25), Amtrak is required to obtain prior drug and alcohol testing records for applicants/employees intending to perform safety: sensitive duties for covered Department of Transportation positions. If an applicant/employee refuses to provide written consent for Amtrak to obtain these records, he/she will not permitted to perform safety:sensitive functions.
Note that any education requirement listed above may be deemed satisfied if you have an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Amtrak is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome all . We consider candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability (inc
• Location: South Jersey
• Post ID: 53515112 southjersey