Posted: Tuesday, July 18, 2017 4:13 PM
Employment Status:AF : Active : Regular : Full Time
Job Summary 13;
Clinical Research Coordinator opening in the Division of Rheumatology for projects related to acute and chronic pain. The Research Coordinator will play a key role in research projects under the direction and guidance of 2 Principal Investigators and will also be part of a larger Rheumatology research core. This person will be a collaborative member of our team and will help to develop a research portfolio focused on understanding and improving outcomes for children with pain. The Research Coordinator will also work on a variety of projects using a range of methodologies. The ideal candidate will have specialized training in public health, epidemiology, and statistical analysis, with an interest in pain or rheumatic disease and an understanding of research practices and Institutional Review Board (IRB) procedures. This person will need to exercise discretion and judgment in execution of research protocols, analysis of data, and general project support.
Job Responsibilities 13;
Research Coordinator will conduct literature searches and article retrievals; perform clinical research involving patient enrollment, data entry, and coordination of study visits; participate in research meetings to gain a better understanding of protocol issues and project developments; assist in preparation of grants, IRB documents, manuscripts and presentations; assist in overseeing and coordinating student research assistants.
Participate in all aspects of study implementation, including recruitment, enrollment, intervention implementation, data collection, data entry, and data management.
* Conduct in:person or telephone interviews of study subjects.
* Travel to study locations to assist with implementation of projects on an as:needed basis.
* Participate in meetings with a multidisciplinary team concerning the research process and impact.
* Assist in preparation, coordination and tracking of materials for all initial, modification, and continuing review IRB submissions.
* Ensure that regulatory files are current and in compliance with IRB regulations and approvals including informed consent, reporting of adverse events (serious and non:serious), etc.
* Assist with administrative and business aspects of studies, including the timely preparation of grant applications and progress reports to funders.
* Assist in development and maintenance of surveys, forms and instruments for research purposes.
* Assist in the identification and procurement of research publications, legislation, and state and federal regulations from the Internet or libraries.
* Review literature and synthesize findings on a variety of child health topics, especially regarding pain.
* Record and summarize data clearly and concisely.
* Perform analyses including descriptive statistics, under the direction of the Principal Investigators.
* Assist in the development of presentations of ongoing research findings for professional conferences.
* Assist in all aspects of preparation of scientific manuscripts for submission to peer reviewed journals.
* Apply relevant project lessons and skills to ongoing Rheumatology Research Core initiatives.
Required Education and Experience 13;
BA/BS in a related field
Required Experience: 1:2 year(s) relevant clinical research experience
Preferred Education, Experience and Cert/Lic 13;
Preferred Education: MPH in a related field
Additional Technical Requirements 13;
Requires effective writing and communication, work as part of a team, ability to multitask
• Location: South Jersey
• Post ID: 39107938 southjersey