Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply online at: https://re22.ultipro.com/CRE1007/jobboard/NewCandidateExt.aspx?__JobID=8991
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Crescent Hotels & Resorts. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
The Sheraton Suites at the Philadelphia Airport is is seeking a Director of Finance. This property is recently renovated with 250 rooms. Crescent Hotels and Resorts is well known for our growth, associate engagement, and running top notch properties well. Seeking an upbeat and positive Director of Finance who will be part of the Executive Committee.
Supervises and directs the financial activities of the hotel, safeguards the assets, and prepares all financial reports in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and Crescent Standards.
REPORTS TO: General Manager
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
- Monitor and approve all sales, purchases, salaries and expenses of the hotel.
- Analyze financial data of operations, in order to advise hotel management and to assist in maintaining an efficient operation.
- Prepare, review, and present the Monthly Report of Operations.
- Prepare forecasts and budgets as required (Annual, Revised Annual, Monthly, and/or on Crescent/Owner's requests).
- Oversee all contracts and legal agreements, and assist hotel management in maintaining all licenses, permits, insurance and contracts.
- Establish and audit all internal financial controls, including purchasing, cash handling and disbursements, inventories, hotel equipment, master keys, and associates time records.
- Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
Two - Five years' experience as a controller in a full service hotel.
Ability to read, write and speak the English language fluently.
- Brand experience preferred.
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Self-starting personality with an even disposition.
- Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times.
- Can communicate well with guests.
- Must be willing to pitch-in and help co-workers with their job duties and be a team player.
- Must have knowledge of departmental operations. Must have knowledge of computers and training techniques.
- Must have knowledge of business law; federal, state and local taxes; as well as Department of Labor regulations.
- Must have knowledge of insurance, employee benefits, insurance and workers compensation claims and liability.
- Ability to exercise judgment in evaluating situations and in making sound decisions.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
Click here for more info: https://marriott.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=17001KWB&lang=en
• Post ID: 46019362 southjersey